What is it?
10 mentees interested in learning more about immersive entertainment will be working with leading VR/AR developers Cooperative Innovations to explore new technologies for creating innovative immersive experiences.
Who is it for?
Applicants for this cohort may already be working in AR or VR or alternatively, are active in other creative sectors e.g. film/TV and want to learn about the possibilities immersive tech could bring to their creative output.
What will it deliver?
The support delivered will be tailored to the needs of our immersive mentees. Advice will include:
- Technology – what is out there and how do you access it
- Development insights – how to get immersive content designed, produced, project managed, tested and out to market
- Investor ready training – how to access funding/find commissions
- 1 to 1 sessions with an expert advisor to discuss your individual objectives
What is the format?
Each mentee will receive 10 hours of support from Cooperative Innovations’ staff and associates between November 2020 and March 2021. Whilst we hope to deliver some of the support face to face, current Covid-related restrictions means that the sessions will initially take place remotely. If we are in a position to deliver the mentoring in person, all sessions will take place in Wakefield and adhere to social distancing regulations.
What are the criteria?
We welcome applications from businesses and individuals across Yorkshire however priority will be given to Wakefield based applicants. Applicants at any stage of business growth and level of experience within the immersive sector will be considered. Some criteria to consider:
- Are you based in Wakefield or the wider Yorkshire region?
- Is your company incorporated and registered at companies house? Or, if you have not yet registered your company, are you planning to do so before March 2021?
- If you are an individual, are you a registered sole trader and can you provide your UTR (Unique Trading Reference number)
[sdm_download id="839" fancy="0"]
Costs for mentoring are supported using public funding by Department for Culture, Media and Sport and Arts Council England. Spaces are strictly limited.
Future mentoring cohorts will focus on Music & Audio, Film, TV, Live Events, Theatre, and Visual Arts. Sign up to Creative Wakefield to be the first to hear about upcoming mentoring opportunities.