A specialist career coach can offer expert guidance, but this type of support usually comes at a cost. However, with a little dedicated research you may be able to find free or subsidised opportunities, such as:
● AD:VENTURE– West Yorkshire regional support if you’re looking to start a new business.
● BAFTA GURU– A hub for career advice from the very best in film, games and television.
● OK MENTOR– Free mentoring for young women looking to break into creative industries.
● STEP-UP WAKEFIELD– A free career advice service from Wakefield Council.
● YOUNG WOMEN’S TRUST– Free career coaching and career advice for women aged 18-30.
For a less formal approach to coaching, use our Directory or Notice Board to connect with other local creatives. We frequently hear stories of how our network members have supported people who are starting out and looking to take those first steps into our sector.
Why Coaching Works