Freelancing or Starting Your Own Business
In many creative industries, it is very common to be self-employed.
Here are some resources to look at if you’re considering setting out on your own:
● AD:VENTURE– Free dedicated support for new start-ups in West Yorkshire.
● A-N– Resources and information to support professional artists.
● ART QUEST– Everything a graduate needs to know about becoming an artist.
● DIGITAL BOOST– Volunteer experts to help small businesses and charities grow.
● FREELANCER CLUB– A collection of resources to support freelancers.
● FREELANCER NEWS– Learn how to become a freelancer.
● FUTURE GOALS– A free course about starting your own business.
● NOVA– Supporting community and voluntary sector initiatives.
● THE DOTS– Get advice, meet collaborators, find jobs.
● THE LEP– Guiding small-medium sized businesses in West Yorkshire.
● WAKEFIELD FIRST– District wide support for businesses.
What should I charge?
● Artists Union England– Helping artists and employers determine fair pay for artists.
● Creative Lives in Progress– Salary transparency in the creative industries.
● Musician’s Union– Rates of pay for musicians.
For further practical tools and tips, search ‘business support’ in our Resource Library.