Getting Industry Experience
There are many different ways to access industry experience, including regional schemes that have dedicated strands for the creative industries and national schemes, specific to a particular sub-sector.
If you’re interested in a particular company or organisation, be sure you’re first to hear about their opportunities by signing up for their newsletters and regularly checking the news and job pages.
Examples of industry experience schemes include:
● BBC GET IN– Talent schemes to kick start your passion into a job you love.
● COLLABORATIVE APPRENTICESHIPS– Leeds City Region apprentice scheme.
● NATIONAL YOUTH THEATRE– Nurturing young talent in theatre both on-stage and backstage.
● NEXTGEN SKILLS ACADEMY– Start your career in games, animation and VFX.
● 4 SKILLS– Apprenticeships, training schemes and talent schemes from Channel 4.
It’s also worth approaching companies that interest you and asking about potential for work experience or volunteering opportunities.
Find creative organisations and business in our district by browsing our Directory.