Getting The Training You Need
Once you know what you’d like to do, you will need to do relevant training. There are many ways to gather skills you need.
Use the following resources to explore different training offers:
● ARTS PROFESSIONAL– Professional development event listings.
● CREATIVE PATH FINDER – Find creative qualifications within an hour’s commute of Wakefield.
● DIGITAL CULTURE NETWORK– Developing digital skills for the arts and culture sector.
● FUTURE LEARN– Short online courses run by leading universities and institutions.
● SKILLS TOOLKIT– Free online government courses to help you learn new skills or change jobs.
With a bit of research, you may be able to find training opportunities specific to your chosen field. Here are some examples of where they may be found:
● BACKSTAGE ACADEMY– World-class training for live industry events, based in Wakefield district.
● BBC GET IN– Talent schemes to kick start your passion into a job you love.
● BECTU– Offering training, workshops and mentoring for media & entertainment industries.
● BRITISH LIBRARY– Creative courses across a vibrant range of creative subjects.
● CREATIVE FUTURES– Pathway guides and professional development for artists.
● CREATIVE FUTURES– Pathway guides and professional development for writers.
● FUTURE GOALS– Offering a range of free adult training courses in West Yorkshire.
● LAUNCHPAD– Support, guidance and advice for music industry artists and professionals.
● NOVA– Supporting Wakefield district’s organisations in the voluntary & community sector.
● SCREEN SKILLS– Developing skills and talent in the UK’s Film & TV industry.
● SCREEN YORKSHIRE– Education programmes to support filming in Yorkshire and Humber.
● SOUL SOUND– A free e-book about getting into the sound industry.
● THE ART HOUSE– Specialist courses and workshops to develop your artistic practice.
● TILEYARD EDUCATION– Music courses led by leading international practitioners.
● UKIE– Tailored education programmes for the UK games industry.
● UK THEATRE– Developing career potential through training and networking events.
● 4 SKILLS– Apprenticeships, training schemes and talent schemes from Channel 4.
There are also many dedicated young talent programmes, such as:
● CREATIVE YOUTH– Enabling young people to get involved with creative projects.
● SHARP FUTURES– Skills development in the creative, digital and television sectors.
● WE ARE IVE STUDIO– Inspiring the next generation of young leaders through creative programmes.
● YOUTH MUSIC– Helping young people develop careers in the music industry.