Find the umbrella / governing body for the sector that you work in and check regularly for opportunities such as mentoring schemes, funding and courses.
Sector support suggestions:
- ARTS COUNCIL Support for the arts and creative sectors.
- BRITISH COUNCIL UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and education.
- BRITISH FASHION COUNCIL Supporting the growth and success of the British fashion industry.
- BFI Supporting British filmmakers and the screen industry.
- BRITISH LIBRARY For research, inspiration and education opportunities.
- CREATIVE DIGITAL INDUSTRIES Supporting and informing the creative and digital industry.
- CULTURE HEALTH & WELLBEING ALLIANCE National membership organisation for anyone who believes creativity and cultural engagement can transform health & wellbeing.
- CREATIVE INDUSTRIES COUNCIL A forum of government, creative businesses and other creative organisations.
- CULTURAL LEARNING ALLIANCE A backbone organisation for the arts and cultural education sector.
- CREATIVE LIVES Championing community and volunteer-led creative activity.
- CREATIVE UK Connecting, supporting and investing in creative people & business.
- CULTURE FORUM NORTH A network of partnerships between Higher Education and cultural sector across the North.
- DESIGN COUNCIL Supporting the UK Design sector.
- DIGITAL CULTURE NETWORK Developing creative organisations’ digital skills.
- GAME REPUBLIC The largest games industry network in the North of England.
- IVE Creative education provider for both young people and adults.
- LAUNCHPAD MUSIC Supporting the music sector in Yorkshire.
- NOVA Supporting community and voluntary sector initiatives.
- SCREEN YORKSHIRE Supporting and developing screen industries across Yorkshire & Humber.
- UKIE The trade body for the UK games and interactive entertainment industry.
- UK THEATRE The UK’s leading theatre and performing arts membership organisation.
Creative industry unions:
- ARTISTS UNION ENGLAND A union for artists, campaigning for artists’ rights.
- BECTU A union representing workers in the media and entertainment industries.
- EQUITY A union of performers and creative practitioners.
- MUSICIANS UNION Musicians campaigning for a fairer music industry.
- NATIONAL UNION OF JOURNALISTS A voice for journalists and journalism.
- WRITERS GUILD Trade union for professional writers in TV, film, radio, books, comedy, poetry and videogames.