In fast-paced creative industries, it’s important to keep on top of your skills.
Here are a few suggestions of where to look for up-skilling opportunities:
● ARTS PROFESSIONAL– Professional development event listings.
● COURSERA– Online courses from leading organisations and universities.
● CREATIVE PATH FINDER– Find creative qualifications within commutable distance of Wakefield!
● DIGITAL CULTURE NETWORK– Developing digital skills for the arts and culture sector.
● FUTURE LEARN– Short online courses run by leading universities and institutions.
● SKILL SHARE– Thousands of hands-on creative classes.
● SKILLS TOOLKIT– Free online government courses to help you learn new skills or change jobs.
With a bit of research, you may be able to find training opportunities specific to your chosen field. Here are some examples of where they may be found:
● BACKSTAGE ACADEMY– World-class training for live industry events, based in Wakefield district.
● BBC GET IN– Talent schemes to kick start your passion into a job you love.
● BECTU– Offering training, workshops and mentoring for media & entertainment industries.
● BRITISH LIBRARY– Creative courses across a vibrant range of creative subjects.
● CREATIVE FUTURES– Pathway guides and professional development for artists.
● CREATIVE FUTURES -Pathway guides and professional development for writers.
● FUTURE GOALS– Offering a range of free adult training courses in West Yorkshire.
● LAUNCHPAD– Support, guidance and advice for music industry artists and professionals.
● NOVA– Supporting Wakefield district’s organisations in the voluntary & community sector.
● SCREEN SKILLS– Developing skills and talent in the UK’s Film & TV industry.
● SCREEN YORKSHIRE – Education programmes to support filming in Yorkshire and Humber.
● SOUL SOUND– A free e-book about getting into the sound industry.
● THE ART HOUSE– Specialist courses and workshops to develop your artistic practice.
● TILEYARD EDUCATION– Music courses led by leading international practitioners.
● UKIE– Tailored education programmes for the UK games industry.
● UK THEATRE– Developing career potential through training and networking events.
● 4 SKILLS– Apprenticeships, training schemes and talent schemes from Channel 4.
Don’t forget to keep an eye on our News page where we regularly add training opportunities – often FREE or subsidised for network members.