Virtual production is reinventing the way we think about film and TV production. As a result, the screen sector is facing unprecedented demand for people with the skills and know-how of what it is and how it works. Whether you’re already working in the creative industries or you want to get into the film and TV industries, this fully funded training course will help you take the next step in your career.
During this part-time 16 week course, you’ll be introduced to the fundamentals of virtual production and Unreal Engine. You’ll develop the skills and know-how that you can put to use right away in your current work, or help you kickstart your creative career.
This course has three specialised pathways, so you can explore the area that interests you or is most relevant to your work.
- Virtual Production Skills and Techniques (Most suited for DoPs, camera, lighting or film crew)
- Creating Environments for Virtual Production (Most suited for production designers, art and production department)
- Using Unreal Engine for Storyboard, Animatics, Previs and Techvis (Most suited for writers, producers and directors)
Skills Bootcamp is made up of a mix of online and in-person teaching, with flexible options to work around you and is fully funded for if you are unemployed, self-employed or in part time education. If you are employed, your employer will be asked to make a contribution towards the course fees:
- 10% for small and medium-sized enterprises (£300)
- 30% for large enterprises (£900)
There will be sessions led by industry experts as well as practical workshops held at the Centre for Virtual Production at XPLOR – Yorkshire’s first Extended Reality facility.
Key topics and activities include: