Who is it for?
We are partnering with Ukie to recruit a cohort of ten early stage game developer mentees and provide support and advice from industry experts (including Wakefield based Team17) on some of the key skills needed to run a successful games business.
What will it deliver?
The content will be tailored to the needs of our games mentees. Advice will include:
- Developer insights – how to get your games designed, produced, project managed, tested and out to market
- Investor ready training – how to shape your offer and pitch
- Publisher insights - how to work with a publisher and some of the key parts of a publishing agreement
- 1 to 1 sessions with an expert advisor to discuss your individual objectives
What is the format?
Each mentee will receive 10 hours of support between November 2020 and March 2021. This will consist of several 2-3 hour group sessions and 1:1 support. Whilst we hope to deliver some of the content face to face, current Covid-related restrictions means that the sessions will initially take place remotely. If we are in a position to deliver the mentoring in person, all sessions will take place in Wakefield and adhere to social distancing regulations.
What are the criteria?
We welcome applications from businesses and individuals across Yorkshire however priority will be given to Wakefield based applicants. Whilst applicants at any stage of business growth will be considered, our games cohort content will be best suited to early stage games developers or freelancers already involved in making games. Some criteria to consider:
- Are you based in Wakefield or the wider Yorkshire region?
- Is your company incorporated and registered at companies house?
- Have you already released or are you currently working on a game?
[sdm_download id="839" fancy="0"]
Costs for mentoring are supported using public funding by Department for Culture, Media and Sport and Arts Council England. Spaces are strictly limited.
Future mentoring cohorts will focus on Music & Audio, Film, TV, Live Events, Theatre, and Visual Arts. Sign up to Creative Wakefield to be the first to hear about upcoming mentoring opportunities.