Philip Bates Grant
Posted in Funding
Philip Bates Grant
The Philip Bates trust is seeking applicants for this years grant scheme. Trustees meet three times a year to assess applications; Applicants should therefore aim to submit their applications on the last day of January, May or September. The number of grants made each year depends upon the level of income received by the Trust from its fundraising activities and investments. The trust is committed to making a small number of grants to individuals (usually in the range of £100 – £250) and organisations (usually up to £500).
The trust supports creative endeavours by sponsoring prizes, and by offering financial support to organisations. The also Trust aims to advance the education of young people under the age of 25 in the arts by:
- The provision of awards to encourage and support their pursuit of creative and artistic achievement.
- The provision of financial support to projects or workshops, which aim to develop creative and artistic interests and skills in young people.
Applications from individuals
Grants will be considered towards a one-off expense that otherwise could not be afforded, eg the purchase or maintenance of an instrument, purchase of art materials or dancewear, attendance at an extra-curricular course or purchase of other additional items necessary to complete a full- or part-time arts-based course.
Individual applicants should include a minimum of two references with their application.
Applications from Organisations
The Trustees gives priority to organisations which have charitable status or which are not-for-profit bodies with a track record of serving the community in a field relevant to the Trust’s aims and objectives.
The Trustees prefer to give grants to specific projects rather than to make a contribution to more general activities of an organisation – even if they are in line with the Trust’s charitable objects.
Organisations should include two recommendations vouching for the effectiveness of the organisation’s work with young people.
Consider the following points before applying;
· What is the grant for?
· Why do you need a grant?
· What are the total costs of the activity for which the grant is being sought? Please give a detailed breakdown of costs
· What other sources of funding have been secured?
· What difference will the Philip Bates Trust make to you and/or your project?
· How do you meet the objectives of the Philip Bates Trust?
· How will you acknowledge the Trust’s support?
The Trust accepts both postal and online applications.
Online applications must be submitted via this form
To read more about application requirements click here
Visit the Philip Bates Website and read more about their grants here
To view more funding opportunities click here