Schroder Charity Trust
Posted in Funding
The Schroder Charity Trust makes grants of up to £5,000 towards core and project costs to charities registered in the UK for work under the following categories:
- Arts, Culture and Heritage
- Education, Training and Employment
- Environment and Conservation
- Health and Wellbeing
- Strengthening Communities
The Trustees are particularly interested in applications which can demonstrate the following:
- Building strong communities and an understanding of how to engage with intended beneficiaries
- Replicable and sustainable work, rather than one off events
- Value for money
- Maximising the use of volunteers
- Support of older people
- Support for marginalised/vulnerable younger people
- The use of helplines and information services
- Sustainability of funding i.e. the charity will not be solely reliant on a grant from the Schroder Charity Trust for their work.
The Schroder Charity Trust operates a rolling programme and therefore does not set fixed deadlines. Organisations can apply at any time.
Decisions on applications are made twice a year. It can take up to 9 months to receive a decision about your application – please bear this timescale in mind when applying for project funding (i.e. not ongoing work or core costs) as they are unable to fund projects which have already started or been completed.