Walkabout Entertainer – Pontefract Liquorice Festival
Posted in Opportunities
Pontefract Liquorice Festival is back – and what a sweet treat it is this year! Get ready for a confectionary-themed bonanza celebrating Pontefract’s historic link with liquorice. The festival is a firm family favourite with something for everyone including delicious street food and the chance to explore the speciality market – with many stalls offering liquorice themed products!
As part of our preparations for this landmark event, we are seeking responses to a creative commission to form part of our programming.
Creative Commission Details
We are seeking responses for a liquorice/sweetie-inspired walkabout act to support the 2024 festival entertainment programme. We are keen to involve artists, producers, makers, and creatives in the delivery of this element of the festival and want to showcase the creativity and ingenuity of the Wakefield and wider West Yorkshire creative sector. Your response should incorporate the following elements:
- A fun, friendly, sweetie/liquorice themed walkabout entertainment act to be delivered on site at the festival 10am – 4pm on Sunday 14th July 2024.
- Good Quality handmade costumes
- A breakdown of set times & breaks
We would like applicants to provide quotes inclusive of all materials for the costumes, WDMC will provide you with a welfare space on the precinct to change and take breaks. You will be required to provide all staff & materials to complete your act.
Please send an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with an outline of:
- Your ideas for this Creative Commission including a quote breakdown.
- Why you are interested in this opportunity.
- Details of your creative practice and relevant experience working on events and delivering entertainment.
- Evidence you will be able to provide an activity specific risk assessment.
- Evidence of your Public Liability Insurance [Minimum 5 million].
Application deadline: Friday 8th March 2024
Sunday 14th July 2024
Event taking place at: Pontefract Town Centre
Fee: Requesting Quotes