Community Arts Organisation
Edgelands Arts creates culturally connected communities by sharing stories from the edges of communities, cities and countryside.
We collaborate commission, create and co-produce excellent and accessible arts projects which:
* Bring artists and communities together
* (Re)connect people with each other and the world around them
* Explore stories of space, place, identity and belonging
* Improve the social, cultural and community well-being of people of all ages an abilities
Edgelands Arts is co-directed by Bev Adams. Charlie Wells and Tony Wade.
Bev BA (hons) Theatre Arts Bretton Hall (University of Leeds), MA Performance, Culture and Context (University of Leeds/Middlesex University London/Gitis Academy Moscow) is a an Artistic Director and Creative Producer who makes visual theatre (using puppetry and mask) predominantly in the outdoors, with professionals and communities Charlie Wells BA (hons) Music Middlesex University is a composer and community engagement specialist who writes and arranges music for personal and community projects. Tony Wade BA (hons) Fine Arts Bretton Hall (University of Leeds) is a visual artist whose work explores the relationship between landscape and people and stories.
Bev, Charlie and Tony have over 70 years’ of combined expertise as skilled arts practitioners/experienced creative consultant, supported by extensive knowledge and contacts in the field of arts in community settings.
Edgelands Arts works across the Wakefield District, Yorkshire and the UK offering:
* Excellent art created through research, collaboration, co-creation and co-production
* Inspirational, bespoke, relevant, community engaged projects for unique communities and clients
* Project design, delivery and production
* Event creation, management and implementation.
* Creative Community Consultation
* Training and mentoring
* Liaison with policy makers
Peet Led Theatre in Education work about Mental health with Outwood Grange Academy Hemsworth for #IWill Leeds Community Foundation